Location:Delaware Wembley, HA9 0WS
Probation Period:6 Months
Reports To:Rojina Brooks
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to clean our kitchens and support our cooking staff on a casual basis. This is an entry-level job but if you’re good at it, you will be invaluable in making sure our kitchen is always sanitized and tidy.
Kitchen Porter responsibilities include washing pots and pans, operating dishwashers, keeping floors clean, sanitizing food preparation areas, occasionally helping with food prep work and cleaning all areas at the end of the shift. If you think you’ll enjoy the buzz of a busy kitchen, we’d like to meet you.
This is a shift work so hours are flexible and since almost all events fall during the weekends you must be flexible to work weekend shifts when required.
Ultimately, you’ll help our kitchen adhere to health standards and service customers faster.
All trainings are provided.
- Keep all kitchen work surfaces clean and sanitized at all times during event
- Sweep and mop floors at the beginning and end of shifts
- Be ready to clean up spills to avoid hindering operations
- Wash cookware, utensils and cutlery regularly to keep them in rotation
- Keep the food and supply storage areas organized
- Take out the garbage to designated areas
- Help with routine food prep tasks when required
- Clean kitchen overall post event to prepare for next event
- A fast learner with an interest in kitchen work
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to work unsupervised in a busy kitchen environment
- Patience and cool-headedness
- A high school degree or equivalent is a plus but not necessary
- Friendly attitude and respect for other colleague
Hours: Casual flexible hours (Minimum 6 hours per event & up to 5 days 8 hours shifts per event)
Locations: Wembley stadium